ADVERBIAL CLAUSE
Macam-macam Adverbial Clause:
- Adverb Clause of Time
Contoh: When I was writing an diary book, my friend came.
Before I read history book, I was read a novel.
The coach met with her players after the game was over.
- Adverb Clause of Place
Contoh: You may go wherever you want.
Anywhere you go, sports stars are national heroes.
Wherever you are,I’ll be able to find you.
- Adverb Clause of Reason
Contoh: Since it’s raining so heavily, I can’t go out.
Lissa doesn’t go to school because she is sick.
He was unable to play in the final games as he had hurt his ankle.
- Adverb Clause of Manner
Contoh: Do as I ask you to do.
- Adverb Clause of Contrast / Concession
Contoh: He is still poor although he has worked so hard.
Even though I don’t have much money, I will try to help him.
They won the game, though they didn’t really deserve the victory.
- Adverb Clause of Condition
Contoh: You’ll succeed, if you do your best.
If I were a bird, I would fly.
You won’t be rich unless you work hard.
You will be comfortable inside the house even if it’s cold and raining outside.
- Adverb Clause of Result
Contoh: She is so short that she can’t become a stewardess.
She studies so hard that she is successful in her study.
- Adverb Clause of Purpose
Contoh: Susan takes a computer lesson in order that she can get a job easily.
People eat nutritious food so that they will keep healthy.
- Adverb Clause of Comparison
Contoh: Johan can speak English as fluently as his teacher.
An elephant is stronger than a rabbit.
SUMBER: CEPATBISAINGGRIS.COM
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar